I know I’m behind on the trend, but I have developed a recent obsession with listening to podcasts. You’re probably reading this and thinking, “have you been living under a rock?” but bear with me!
I have always heard people talking about all the wonderful things that are podcasts and of course the ways that they are reaping all of the benefits, but I never really knew how or cared to explore them for myself. Why? I honestly couldn’t really tell you – I guess I just always assumed that it was yet another app to familiarize myself with.
But it was one morning when I had a long and lonely commute ahead when it suddenly hit me: this is the perfect opportunity to listen to my first ever podcast (exciting life, I know). I was also getting really sick of the recently added playlist on my phone and didn’t have any music to listen to…
Now I am OBSESSED.
How could I have possibly gone this long without podcasts?! Listening to a new episode has quickly become the thing I look forward to most when I’m getting ready in the mornings, on my commute to work or even when I’m looking for ways to pass the time while I’m doing cardio at the gym.
So, with a new found love for podcasts, I am always on the hunt for channels and episodes to subscribe to. I thought I’d take this opportunity to share some that I have been listening to and loving recently, along with some of my fav episodes for you guys to download and enjoy!
The SC featuring Lauryn Evarts and Michael Bosstick. These newlyweds are hilarious and you can almost always catch me laughing out loud to one of their episodes on my commute to work – making it the least bit bearable, might I add. Give these episodes a listen and I promise you won’t regret it:
- BONUS 3: A Keynote – Brand Yourself, Align Your Image with Your Brand
- #72: Unleash the Power Within! – A Recap of a Tony Robbins Seminar, Taking Action, Fear, Focus, Fulfillment, and Taking Responsibility
- #48: Mark Manson: The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*uck
- #95: Jillian Michaels – The Biggest Loser, Building & Sustaining a Personal Brand, Life as a Public Figure & Parenting
- #67: Be Well By Kelly, Kelly LeVeeque – on Celebrity Weight Loss Secrets, Diet Tips, and How to Stay Fuller for Longer
- BONUS 2: I WANT HER JOB ft. The Skinny Confidential
- #94: Dr. Mona Vand – Therapy, Relationship Stress, Plant-Based Diets, Food Combining & Living Outside The Box
- #90: Tanya Zuckerbrot, The F-Factor Diet – Fiber, Protein, Weight Loss and Management, Creating a Caloric Deficit through Addition, and Thermogenesis
- #98: Be Well By Kelly Part 2 – Dieting In The New Year, Cortisol, Quick Fixes Vs. Long-Term Fixes, Sleep Schedules, Fat Burning, Self-Discipline and Diet Procrastination
Ps. I think the size of this list is a true testament to how much I love this channel.
I found this podcast only recently and I was instantly hooked! Julie provides so much valuable insight on influencer marketing and the careers of today’s top social influencers. This channel is a must listen for anyone who is looking to grow, strengthen and build their own industry-leading influence. The only issue is I’ve “binged listened” to her channel now, so every new episode is a serious waiting game! Here are my top favs:
- 029: Lauryn Evarts of The Skinny Confidential Share How to Turn a Blog into a Multi-Service Brand + The Power of Being Resourceful
- 028: The Importance of Speaking Your Truth to Grow Your Influence with Sophie Jaffe
- 014: How to Stand Out Among The Saturation with Photographer Valorie Darling
Straight up, I love this guy (sorry, Cody). A plant-powered wellness advocate and ultra-athlete that lives out the dream in Santa Monica… Need I say more? I have been loving each episode for different reasons making it almost impossibly difficult to narrow down my top three, but don’t worry I managed 😉 Here are my recommendations:
- Stephen & David Flynn Are the Happy Pear: Creating a Mainstream Movement to Inspire Healthy Living
- Chris Guillebeau On Why You Need a Side Hustle
- Dan Buettner: Lessons From the World’s Happiest People
- Dr. Neal Barnard, M.D. On Breaking the Dairy Addiction
I look to these two for fitness motivation and the occasional dose of inspiration. They bounce back in forth in great conversation and the founder, Matt Frazier, always manages to sneak in some seriously good “take home” advice. Check out these episodes:
- The 5 Big Keys to Habit Change
- Rethinking Morning Routines
- From the Vault: Our Daily Rituals for Health and Well-Being
- Make Time for Yourself
Gary Vaynerchuk is a badass and definitely keeps me on my toes when it comes to the daily grind. Get ready for some great entrepreneurship advice, a lot of swearing and tough love! This is my all-time favorite episode to date:
- A Keynote: Online Marketing Rockstar Conference
This podcast channel is filled with incredible and inspiring stories of product development and entrepreneurship! Here are my top picks:
- Barre3: Sadie Lincoln
- Live Episode! Starbucks: Howard Schultz
- Airbnb: Joe Gebbia
- Spanx: Sara Blakely
- Whole Foods Market: John Mackey
- Niomi Smart: Thriving On Plants
Please share the podcast wealth by letting me in on some that you love, too! Mainly because I also need some new episodes to keep me entertained while I sit in the long-weekend traffic up North tomorrow…